Old 20-04-2007, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Planting out runner beans?

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
: On 19/4/07 22:20, in article ,
: "Robert (Plymouth)" wrote:
:
: Sacha wrote:
: : On 19/4/07 15:45, in article
: : , "Alan Holmes"
: : wrote:
: :
: ::
: :: I started to plant out some runner beans which have been started in
: :: the greenhouse, SWMBO has told me there may be frosts which will
: :: affect them.
: ::
: :: Is it possible there will still be some frost, and what effect would
: :: it have on the beans anyway?
: ::
: :: Alan
: ::
: ::
: : But most certainly, there could still be frosts! It's only April,
: : after all and one should not be lulled by this fine weather. One of
: : our staff told me this morning that he had ice on the windshield of
: : his car this morning and this is balmy Devonshire! We advise people
: : not to risk anything until mid to end of May and even then, to listen
: : to weather forecasts.
:
: Don't forget that you are nearly on Dartmoor though and that accounts
for
: your lower night time temps think??
:
:
: If anything, we're milder than some parts of Britain, less so than others
: etc. But to be confident of no further frosts by now, I think Alan would
: need to live in Salcombe not Windsor. ;-)
:
: --
: Sacha
: