Old 20-04-2007, 02:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
earhtmother earhtmother is offline

Default water lillies l- ong

On Apr 20, 4:04 am, "drsolo" wrote:
you should also consider plastic over the pond in winter to keep the water open and they really need full sun all day if possible.

Plastic is a no go as there is no way to anchor it all the way around,
we do try tp keep a small peice of water open for the fish but even
that can be tricky with our our winter temps and weather (lows this
year-30 for many days and 4' of snow all at once in Jan) Full sun is
not a problem as that is pretty much what it gets all day.

Elaine