Old 20-04-2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Alex@home.net is offline

Default Seedling nipper identity?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:19:57 -0400, vincent p. norris
wrote:

|The soil mixture varies from pot to pot - including some garden
soil,

|Bad idea. Probable source of your problem. I always buy a new
bag
|of "Professional" Mix.
|
| I've been moving everything outdoors under cover
|on the warmer days.
|
|Don't put plants in the sun with a transparent cover over them;
|they'll cook.
|
|vince norris

Yes they would cook if enclosed. They are only covered - to protect
from birds & (?) cats - and well ventilated.

Garden soil I've previously sterilised before using for seedlings.
This year I got lazy. Could have been a problem; maybe not.

Still no new damage. I'm betting on a mouse (caught one last night.)