Old 20-04-2007, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Poncirus trifoliata

On 20 Apr, 16:13, Sacha wrote:
On 20/4/07 09:54, in article , "Janet Tweedy"

wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes
To our surprise and delight this is flowering now. It's been in the garden
for about four years, I should think and this is the first time it's
flowered. Nothing madly exciting about them but it's lovely when something
suddenly does something unexpected. Now we'll see if it sets fruit!

Mine haven't even come into leaf yet Sacha! You are definitely early
Never had mine in flower but they are only about three or four years
old. A friend has one in his garden but though sheltered and next to
several quite tender plants it never seems to even look as if it might
flower!

janet

Yes, things are very advanced here and our Poncirus flowers were a great
surprise to us, too! The wisteria everywhere is magnificent - must be an
exceptionally good year for it.
And I'm happy to say that down here, the oak is out before the ash!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Singleton Park in Swansea have a lovely mature bush that flowers every
year, lovely scent, but not a bush you want to stick your nose into to
smell.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries