Old 20-04-2007, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Whats the best thing to keep cats out.......... ?

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Howard Haigh" wrote in
message news:0t0Wh.4346

I can endorse these Electronic scarers as well, BUT, watch which ones you
buy. We have two to keep the vermin out IF they get past the carpet
gripper strips on the fences, however one is 'tall and upright' and blows
over if placed on a windy place.

Also, keep moving them about. Rechargeable batteries are best and if you
have two, get three sets of batteries.

With the carpet gripper strips, nails along the tops of gates and two
alarm things, we are almost free of the vermin and we have a neighbour
with three of the horrible things :-((

Should be drowned at birth or a massive cull made.

Mike

My sentiments!
Occasionally, a Great-Horned Owl (~6 ft wingspan) will take up residence in
the neighbourhood and feed on the damned things.
Graham