Old 20-04-2007, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Lily Beetle

Dave Hill wrote:
In the last week I must have found 40 of these little beasts on a
couple of pots of lilies that the wife bought last year. never had
them before.
I've looked at the RHS advice for them
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0500/beetle.asp just wondering
what others do about them.

Ultimate bug Killer!

I'm organic in my own and clients' gardens apart from that for Lliy beetle
and Viburnum beetle - it stops them both dead!

12 years ago I took over a garden in wimbledon village where the guy
insistedi spray the 50+ for greenfly eery week - there was ALWAS a greenfly
problem. After a year or so, I stopped without him noticing. Over a year or
so the greenfly problem completely disappeared as the garden ( 1/2 Acre
plus) settled into balance.

But Lily & Viburnum beetle need chemical treatment to be really effective.

pk