Old 28-03-2003, 03:56 PM

Default toxic soil?

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:52:38 -0900, Jan Flora wrote:
In article ,
(mags) wrote:

hello,
i've just begun a vegetable garden with my cousin on my aunt and
uncle's property. the spot we are planting is right next to a burn
pile. many of the ashes of burnt garbage have been dumped on the
area. while i was digging in the ground i found pieced of charred
plastic and even a battery at on point. i am concerned that this is
not health to be growing in? does any one have advice for me?

try raised beds some distance away. stuff like this dumped on private
property may be cause for legal action against the previous owners.... many
developers in nj have been sued foir doing this