Old 20-04-2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Al[_3_] Al[_3_] is offline

Default New to group. Any other ponders out there in the ATL area.

Hi to all. I'm Al. Nice to meet you all. Glad to find this group.
I inherited my koi pond when I bought our house in 2004. It's 3500
gallons and I have 7 Koi and a few commets. It's been a great learning
experience. I've experienced much success and challenges from snakes
to herons. I've built from scratch a skippy style homemade filter with
a prefilter that work great. Water quality is great and clear; well
oxygenated. And for safety a float switch. I'm constantly looking for
ways to improve my pond and improve ways to enjoy it. I'm currently
designing a secondary smaller pond for Shubunkins and fancy gold fish.