Old 20-04-2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Cleaning a pond

wrote in message news:wdaWh.9221$vD4.6391@bigfe9...
I do have 2 small (3") Koi and 2 plants that are just starting out. I have
a 700 gph Pondmaster pump with biological and mechanical filter.
I was afraid i might kill the fish from putting them back into a pond
without established bacteria.

======================
Try and find Bio Spria as people claim it's one bacterial product that truly
works. If you decide to clean out the pond clean the filter in the used
pond water. Much of the bacteria will survive and will quickly reseed the
entire filter and pond. Don't overfeed when you replace the fish should you
go that route. Feed them very lightly for a week or so. Make sure to use
something to neutralize any chlorine or choramine. I hope you realize that
koi can reach 3' in length and will need a much larger pond. Also, that's an
awfully big pump for a 400g pond. Too much current and water turbulence
wear fish out.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.