Old 20-04-2007, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Curry leaf in Britain

I've just heard, in another group, from an occasional visitor to u.r.g.
that friends of hers have a curry leaf tree flourishing in Ventnor. I do
mean "curry leaf", _Murraya koenigii_, not the so-called "curry plant",
_Helichrysum angustifolium_. She reports that the smell is gorgeous.

The subject arose in an (off-topic) discussion of herbs when I mentioned
that I thought it was too tropical to grow here. As usual, I spoke too
soon; but I doubt if it would do in less favoured spots.

Interesting info and pics at:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2csvr8
aka:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...859-1%26sa%3DG