Old 20-04-2007, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Lily Beetle

"Space" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
ups.com...
In the last week I must have found 40 of these little beasts on a
couple of pots of lilies that the wife bought last year. never had
them before.
I've looked at the RHS advice for them
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0500/beetle.asp
just wondering what others do about them.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

The little barstewards go for my Fritilleria and Cardiocrinums.
Not the brightest bugs as they really are very noticeable. I just pick
them off and stamp on them. Daily vigilance until all the grubs have
hatched seems to stop them.

this may sound daft - but if they are so easy to see could you hoover the
plant with a hand vac?

You mean Dyson with death:-)