Old 20-04-2007, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Stewart Stephen Stewart is offline

Default Whats the best thing to keep cats out.......... ?

"Norman Digger" wrote in message
Whats the best thing to keep cats out of my parents garden ?.

New neighbours have moved in next door to my parents.

They have 7 cats that crap all over the garden.

We don't want to harm the cats, just keep them out of the garden.

woodglass...

How about a catapult? You wouldn't need to use "ammunition" that could
injure the cat, a little garden soil fired at them may be all that's
needed to frighten them off. You can get suitable catapults from fishing
shops - they are used to broadcast bait onto the water.

Can't help wondering if catapults were originally designed for this
function hence the name 'pelt a cat', cat a pult :-)

Apparently it's derived from two Greek words kata and peltes.

Kata means against and peltes means hurler.

Stephen