Old 20-04-2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default New to group. Any other ponders out there in the ATL area.

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
An observation: Our shbunkins do fine in the MS winter. the fancies
tend to die. We have had a hard time getting them through the winter
outside.

==========================
I'm here in north central TN, zone 6.... so it can get pretty cold in the
winter. Our fancy goldfish sail right through winter outside in unheated,
non-plastic covered above ground ponds/tanks. This winter the ice was 2"
thick for a week.... not one goldie died. These are lionheads, water-bubble
eyes, moors, orandas and pearlscales. I just set up another 150g pool to
move the rest of the pearlscales outside. I'm seriously considering move
all the fancies out there as they do so much better under more natural
conditions then in the 55g tanks in my sunroom.

Your fancies didn't have to compete with koi or common GF for food did they?
If so that may have been at least part of the reason they died.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.