Old 21-04-2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Travis M. Travis M. is offline

Default Any such thing as male and female tree?

"Jimmy S." wrote in message
t...
I was told by my local nursery folk when I tried to purchase an asian
pear tree.
He said that I should plant at least two's that way they can
cross-pollinate
one another, and hopefully one is male and the other is female !

I was aware of cross-pollination business, but I really got lost when
he mentioned about male/female plant!! I would like you experts
in this forum to comment on the subject --- he seemed to know what
he was taking about. If he was right -which I doubt it, how do I
correctly
pick the right sex?

Kiwi come in male and female plants. One of each is needed if you want
fruit.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington