Old 21-04-2007, 07:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default Trichopilia Charles

This is my second best Charles; it has a strong, rich fragrance I would
describe as jasmine/gardenia mixed with just a hint of ivory soap, very
pleasant.

I think Charles is the finest trichopilia to date. It is often equated
with T.ramonensis (latest literature cites T.crispa as the name with
priority), and T.ramonensis as a natural hybrid. However I accept
ramonensis (crispa) as a valid species. It breeds true, which hybrids,
natural or man-made, do not. Though it was most likely originally a
natural hybrid, its genetic material has stabilized and it is now a
species. I imagine many other currently accepted species began life as
natural hybrids as well.

Of course it opened the day AFTER my local society meeting; always my luck!

Attached Thumbnails
Trichopilia Charles-charlessecondtwins45degree.jpg