Old 21-04-2007, 12:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bud Bud is offline

Default Bermuda Grass seeding

"Dave" wrote in message
ink.net...
"crabshell" wrote in message
Lucky day for you. I've been working on getting Bermuda (Sahara version)
grass from seed since middle of March. Here's what I've seen:
Ten days or so, have to look along the bare soil almost a ground level to
see some "needles" popping from the soil. Overhead, will see nothing.
Obvious sprouts around 3 weeks. Not all seed will sprout at the same
time. Some slower than others. My take of what's going on is there must
be a "dry spell" of a few days for germination to occur. Then, feast and
famine water afterwards. Don't keep it drowned. Promotes root growth
letting up on the water a day or two. Water the grass in the evening
around the time the sun goes down.

bad idea, promotes fungus and algea and mold etc. water in the morning.
you want your grass dry at nite so thatbad stuff won't grow. keep it wet by
watering lightly 2 -3 times a day till it sprouts then 1 inch a week.