Old 21-04-2007, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Sickly Oleanders

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:01:04 +0100, Bookworm wrote
(in article . com):

My poor old potted Oleanders are looking a bit sick. They have been
wrapped in fleece in an unheated greenhouse all winter and haven't
been frosted, (the fuschias in there were OK). They are now outside in
a sheltered but sunny spot. The leaves look very tired and brownish. I
gave them a high nitro feed hoping that would perk them up but that
was 14 days ago. Still looking tired.

I have thoughts of potting them on but the roots have filled the pots.
Anyone got any suggestions?

We find that after about 3 or 4 years our Oleander gets very leggy and large.
My wife then takes a cutting of it and Hey Bingo, we're away with a new
young plant. The suggestion might not suit you, but it works for us.