Old 21-04-2007, 10:16 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Planting pond plants

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:07:19 CST, chereena wrote:

I just bought a bunch of plants online from Live Aquaria and their
instructions say that you should use "aquatic plant soil." Is this
really necessary and, if so, where do you get it? Also recommends
fertilizer tablets. A little nervous about the effect of fertilizer
on the fish. If someone has experience with this, would love to get
some feedback. Thanks.

I also use soil from my yard, it is mostly sand. I use the smaller tomato
spikes, I found I can get a 50 spike bag from Lowe's for about $5-6. As
long as they're fully encased around dirt I haven't found them to leach
into the water to cause a problem. YMMV. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us