Old 21-04-2007, 10:19 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default fish lice..

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:22:43 CST, burky
wrote:

I have a couple koi that are flashing, which I believe could be fish
lice. My pond is approx. 2000 gals.with waterfall & stream. Could
anybody what would be the best medication? Is there anything that
don't require a big water change?

Flashing can be many things, lice being one of the rarer problems. Flukes
and any number of parasites, water quality not right, even getting a food
particle lodge wrong can cause flashing. Before nuking the pond and
possibly messing up a cycled pond/filters please fill out the form below:
---
Sick Fish or Sick Pond Form

Please describe your problem, including fish characteristics, like;
whirling, flashing, gasping at surface, wounds, etc.:

Pond Size in Gallons? (litres*.26=US Gallons):

Water Source (Well, Irrigation, City?)
If City how is water treated?: =

Time in Operation?
(How old is the pond/water?):

Liner type? (EPDM,PVC,RUBBER,Cement/Concrete etc):

Fish Population?
Type? Size? QTY, Time in Pond:

Food? Type and Frequency of feedings.:

Pump Type, IN/OUT of pond, GPH etc
(Describe your filtration system as well as possible):

Prefilter media type? Last cleaned?:

Filter is BIO or Mechanical? Last cleaned? How?:

Carbon added? How much? When last changed?:

Aeration? Waterfalls? Bubblers?
Venturies?:

Water Temp?

pH?:

KH?:

Ammonia (ppm or mg/l):

Nitrite (ppm or mg/l):

Nitrate (ppm or mg/l):

Water Color, cloudiness, odor?:

Water changes? (% of pond volume and how often):

Additives used (water conditioners etc):

Tests done by self or another?:

Weather (what's it been like lately?):

Medications used?:

What Zone or Country of residence?: