Old 21-04-2007, 03:07 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Citrus sightings

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:09:12 -0500, WoolyGooly
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:07:56 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

I need a kaffir lime tree. Do they grow here?

Oh. If you grow it as a container plant why wouldn't it thrive around
here?

I don't have kaffir, but I do have both an ordinary Meyers and a
variegated Myers (which has pink flesh) in large containers and they
produce dozens of lemons. I do have to protect them in winter with
blanket wraps and a tarp over that tied with rope, OR put them in the
greenhouse. They are evergreen in either condition, but will die if
left out during freezes.