Old 21-04-2007, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Norman Digger Norman Digger is offline

Default sometimes you just have to vent your spleen......

The world is full of vandals! Some
friends of mine had a wonderful garden, full of all kinds of lovely plants
up the sides of the drive and when they drove past it a few months after
selling, they saw all these half-dead shrubs in piles waiting to be
burned..... If only they'd known, they'd have taken them out themselves
and moved them to their new home.

Similar story with a house we once lived in. The frontage of the property
was just thin uneven concrete. So I broke it up and got a load of topsoil
over the area. I planted a small bamboo to hide the wheelie bin, lots of
Spring bulbs, small shrubs and perennials. Not a large garden but it was
bursting with flowers. After a few years it was a little bit of paradise.

A few years after we sold the property we were out walking the dogs and
decided to have a stroll past the property. Wish we hadn't! The entire front
garden was full of rubble, timber, old kitchen units and rubbish 5 feet
high! It had been used as a skip by the latest owner while doing building
work inside. There was nothing left of the flowers or shrubs. Obviously not
a garden lover!

Norman Digger.