Old 21-04-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default sometimes you just have to vent your spleen......

"madgardener" wrote after..
Sacha replied to

, "madgardener"

Sometimes you just have to vent your spleen......I will explain.

snip

I'm so sorry, Maddie. What a horrible thing to happen to someone and
somethings that meant so much to you. The world is full of vandals!
Some
friends of mine had a wonderful garden, full of all kinds of lovely
plants
up the sides of the drive and when they drove past it a few months after
selling, they saw all these half-dead shrubs in piles waiting to be
burned..... If only they'd known, they'd have taken them out themselves
and moved them to their new home.
Would it help you if you planted something in your own garden in special
memory of your friend - put a seat there and think of her?

You're reading my mind. Today I did a little bit of skull duggery meself,
I walked around her yard (what is left, sadly, it looks...........SCRAPED)
and I saw her pile of her collected old glass bricks. You know the ones.
She'd find these at consignment shoppes and Goodwill stores for a quarter.
She had about six or seven. She had something in mind for them, and I saw
them like she did, so I nicked them. they were assigned to a bag of
rubbish.....I had my own canvas bag and there you go. They're hidden in
plain view in my own gardens, and I will assign them to their rightful
places later on. insensitive bastages! thanks for the comfort!!
maddie

It's just blind ignorance Maddie, feel sorry for them, they are missing so
much in life.
Seems the world is overfull with ignorant self-centred people these days.

--
Regards
Bob H