Old 21-04-2007, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Scarify lawn before weed feed'n mosskill?

Stephen Stewart wrote:

No matter how many times you go over it with a rake if you rake it again
you'll still get more.

As much as I admire your stamina powered scarifiers do a far more thorough
job and are relatively cheap. :-)

Life's too short for some things but unfortunately as far as moss goes it
took me a while to find that out. :-)

You're probably right, but I've never had much of a problem with moss in
that lawn befo it's always been there, but never to such an extend
that there are whole patches of nothing but moss. I think it must have
been wetter for longer this winter.

I suppose I'm an optimistist, hoping I'd never have much use for a
powered scarifier. If it ever rains I'll try the weed & feed and see
what happens after that...

Peter