Old 22-04-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Pump for mucky pond water?

At the bottom of my rather large garden is a large natural pond. As with
much of the country we have not had rain here for some time. My water
butts are depleting rapidly so I am carting buckets of water up the
garden from the pond. Like most natural ponds it is rather mucky, I
wondered if there is a good pump that will deal with the muck, not
requiring constant clearing of the filter. Any suggestions please? as
an alternative a yoke for 2 buckets would be useful, but I cannot find a
source, so any help there would also be appreciated.