Old 28-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Mosfunland

Default Dead pond....

My water is bright green today. The sun has been beating down on it, and I
suppose with all of the decaying "stuff", the pond is nutrient heavy. The
algae will flourish. The pump is circulating the pond water, it doesn't smell
brackish any more. I can actually see a hint of lily??? starting up. I plan
to recycle the water, by diverting the filter into a pool, cleaning out the
stuff...relocating the lotus, which took off and grew throughout the pond last
summer. It is outta here....might salvage a tuber or too, but it is just too
invasive for me to keep up with, and it was in a HUGE tub. Then I'll add most
of the water back, top it off with new water, and let it cycle for a couple
weeks again.

Maureen