Old 22-04-2007, 10:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Miz Mary's sittin' bench (now taken away......................)

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"madgardener" wrote ...
Today I discovered that my front neighbor's family (Miz Mary's
family)had at sometime this week when I was distracted, removed the park
bench that was a symbol of my former neighbor's hospitality. ((snip))

Before I retired I was a Bank Manager, don't know that that is over there,
but on more than one occasion I've had the children of wealthy clients
come in and ask for a loan for a flash car or similar on the assumption
that their elderly father, who was seriously ill, wouldn't pull through
and they would then have the money to pay us back. They were always shown
the door but it makes one wonder.

I've never heard of that! It's so sad ...

Mary

--
Regards
Bob H