Old 28-03-2003, 04:56 PM
K30a

Default lotus question

It's hardy to zone 5

Now what zone are you?
hmmm, then I think the next question is 'do
you know what its growing conditions were before
it comes to you?'
As in, was it in a greenhouse?
You'll want to match its current conditions to your current conditions.
If it was in a greenhouse you would want to slowly prepare it for life outside.
Give it a few hours a day to get used to the change. Don't rush.

I am zone 7 and my zone 5 lotus, (also a deck dweller) doesn't begin to
show life until May and I still have to be watchful of night conditions if I
don't want the first few leaves to get bitten. (I'll stick a clean peanut
butter jar over the emerging leaves at night.)

k30a