Old 19-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Karen

Default Time to fess up - What the most you've paid?

I think the most I have spent is around $60.00. But for the life of me I
can not remember which plant it was! I sure hope it survived.....

All orchids are worth it, no doubt about that.

It is a fine addiction you know.
Karen

Gene Schurg wrote:
OK...this newsgroup has gotten too serious. Time for some fun.

What's the most you've paid for a single plant? What was it? Did it
survive and was it worth it?

For me I have a limit of $50 for a single plant and have a couple that I
have in the collection. Phal gigantea, an award Phal equetris keiki, and a
peloric Phal Carmella Pixie that are all still in the collection. None of
them have bloomed yet but all are still alive.

Somewhere I saw an old ad from the 1960s ( think it was an AOS Orchid
Magazine ad) where plants were selling for $500+.

I'm sure some of you have some records out there....fess up!

Good Growing,
Gene