Old 22-04-2007, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default moss for terrarium

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 07:32:48 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

alice writes:
I'm starting a carnivorous terrarium, and I'm wondering if the moss
I'm finding on the roof of my house would be ok to put inside of it,
or is this different than the moss you would find in the woods?

You'll find moss growing on the ground or in the lawn on the shady
side of long-established buildings or fences, especially where it's
repeatedly damp, such as near a dripping tap, or where condensation
drips off the roof, etc.

Might want to get moss tested, to preclude inadvertently terminating
your carnivore guests with extreme prejudice. (CIA-ese for killing
people.)

Persephone