Old 22-04-2007, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Post and rail

On 22/4/07 13:09, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Our post 'n rope set up has round (chamfered) posts about 8' above the
ground and 2' below and they're cemented in. You need a spirit level to
ensure you get them absolutely straight. I think Matthew backfilled with
stone, as you say and then poured the cement over that. If I can get more
or different detail from him later, I will. I'll also take a photo and
email it to you.

Thanks Sacha, don't want to use 2x2 or similar as it looks too perfect
for the garden. Wanted something that will 'disappear' I like the hazel
rails in appearance so shall get long enough ones for the actual
uprights.

janet

This might be of interest to you, Janet. It's bang up to date:
http://www.traditionalropecompany.co.uk/
This is the person we got our rope from and he made us some 'scrambling net'
trellis, too. Not only does it look attractive, it's ideal for a painted
wall because it's attached by hooks, so that when it comes to repainting we
can carefully unhook it and 'peel' it back with plants attached. Trellis is
too unyielding for that to be easily done.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk