Old 22-04-2007, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Pump for mucky pond water?

Broadback wrote:
At the bottom of my rather large garden is a large natural pond. As
with much of the country we have not had rain here for some time. My
water butts are depleting rapidly so I am carting buckets of water up
the garden from the pond. Like most natural ponds it is rather mucky,
I wondered if there is a good pump that will deal with the muck, not
requiring constant clearing of the filter. Any suggestions please? as
an alternative a yoke for 2 buckets would be useful, but I cannot
find a source, so any help there would also be appreciated.

I bought one of these two weeks ago........
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManChanSear...SearchButt.y=0

It'll handle small solids, but if you strap a mesh pond planting basket over
the intake, that should do the job,
HTH
--
ßôyþëtë