Old 22-04-2007, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Melanie Melanie is offline

Default Damn mice

"Nick Maclaren" wrote .. "Bob Hobden" writes:

| Planted two rows of early peas and only one single plant has come up,
not a
| sign of any others

I have had over a 50% failure rate on broad beans, ... I have had a 95%
failure rate on
dwarf beans and an 80% one on peas in the past.

I sowed dwarf beans in pots indoors, and only 6 out of 36 germinated. I've
also had to re-sow all my peas (in gutters) as only a few germinated. Don't
know what the problem is this year, but it's definitely not mice. Second
sowing of peas are okay; still waiting on the dwarf beans.