Old 22-04-2007, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baal Baal is offline

Default Damn mice

Sowed peas direct into soil but placed net over immediately and no problems
to date.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way
"Melanie" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote .. "Bob Hobden" writes:

| Planted two rows of early peas and only one single plant has come up,
not a
| sign of any others

I have had over a 50% failure rate on broad beans, ... I have had a 95%
failure rate on
dwarf beans and an 80% one on peas in the past.

I sowed dwarf beans in pots indoors, and only 6 out of 36 germinated.
I've also had to re-sow all my peas (in gutters) as only a few germinated.
Don't know what the problem is this year, but it's definitely not mice.
Second sowing of peas are okay; still waiting on the dwarf beans.