Old 22-04-2007, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Potts Chris Potts is offline

Default Broomrape/More garden pictures

Muddymike wrote:
Inspired by the wonderful comments on my garden pictures I have uploaded a
few more. Some showing the overgrown mess we took on two and a half years
ago.

Further to the Ivy Broomrape, I have discovered a virtual forest of the
stuff, see first picture at http://www.twango.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Must mow the lawns.

Mike

Hello Mike

I don't think it is Ivy Broomrape! It is Common Toothwort (Lathraea
squamaria). Ivy Broomrape is taller with a much more open spike; it
flowers in late June/July. There is a good picture of Toothwort at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toothwort. It flowers in April, so just
right.

All the best,

Chris Potts