Old 22-04-2007, 03:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default fish lice..

if the river rock was gone there wouldnt be as heavy an organic load. I
sure wouldnt use the micro-lift, I think that is anaerobic bateria that will
produce toxic gas as a by product.
I have 22 koi and feed 1/4 cup every couple of days. I think there is too
much food going into the system, and the food is probably corn or wheat
based and too much is going right thru the koi into the water.
off a well means high alkalinity in this area. water is nearly filtered
thru limestone.
how are the fish doing now? Ingrid

Now its finally warmig up again. I use micro-lift pl bateria in pond
once week & also lymnozyme. Once in a while I put in algae
control,green clean algaecide. I feed them twice a day morning & night
only what they clean up good. I do feed medicated food early in year
when water temp is at least 55 degrees for a week or so which is made
by debride.I have not ever tested fo ammonia or nitrate. ~ Paul

From a KHA (Koi Health Advisor) stand point, we'd recommend removing the

rocks, and stop using algaecide, and do 10% water changes weekly. Since it
is a well with no chlorine, some might even suggest a very slow flow thru
system, but I'd want to see what the (water quality) numbers are from your
well water before suggesting that. ~