Old 22-04-2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
LAH LAH is offline

Default What to do with the quince

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article .net,
"LAH" wrote:

I have an informal hedge row of the old fashioned flowering quince
bushes.

Any fruit? Makes a great jelly in combo with other fruits and alone.
Otherwise the flower is pleasing. Tart + sugar = remember spring but I
do not jell them. Donšt do much jam etc these days.

Not to speak of, just a few here and there. I'm almost positive there won't
be any this year what with the late freeze.

My flowering quince bushes border on small trees and I like them for
the bloom primarily. Sort of fuzzy.

Bill who does the low carb stuff except in Dec and Jan. )

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade