Old 22-04-2007, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Gravel garden

"PeteIvy" wrote:
snip
We are currently in the process of sorting our garden out as our little
boy will soon be at the age where he wants to play in the garden. Its a
very small garden, but it is covered in gravel. We want to clear that and
put down some grass seed.

---
My wife and I had the same problem with our open plan front garden. The
previous house owners had covered half the area with hard core and gravel,
then used the area for extra car parking. We decided to return it to a full
garden with grass. The landscaping was a horrendous job, especially as the
hard core had been machine rolled. We used a pickaxe, shovels and sieves to
collect most of the gravel and hard core, leaving some of it for growing
alpines.
We grass seeded part of the area early spring 2005, now the lawn is looking
good and it doesn't appear to have suffered in the sandy soil.
We wish you success with your garden.

MikeCT