Old 22-04-2007, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue Sue is offline

Default Pump for mucky pond water?

Last year our pump rather successfully trapped most of the tadpoles!

So this year we will leave it turned off to give them a swimming chance.

And yes, the water is a beautiful shade of Very Green. We are "watering" it
with rainwater via a watering can, with rose, in the vain hope of getting
some air in.

As for the yoke idea sounds like you will have to make your own.

Sue

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

"Broadback" wrote in message
At the bottom of my rather large garden is a large natural pond. As with
much of the country we have not had rain here for some time. My water
butts are depleting rapidly so I am carting buckets of water up the garden
from the pond. Like most natural ponds it is rather mucky, I wondered if
there is a good pump that will deal with the muck, not requiring constant
clearing of the filter. Any suggestions please? as an alternative a yoke
for 2 buckets would be useful, but I cannot find a source, so any help
there would also be appreciated.