Old 23-04-2007, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default cat c****, any cures?

"The Reid" wrote in message
Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@

this site
Spain walking, food, tourism "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk"
Beginners UK flight sim addons "http://www.lawn-mower-man.co.uk"

Get a cat. We have two, and I rarely find any of their stuff in my own
garden.

As an alternative, if you have flower beds which are recently dug and/or
seeded, get some insides of old refrigerators, those grill things, and lay
them on your beds until your plants come through and there is no appealing
raw soil for the cats to use. Once you have plants growing there, cats
don't seem to want to use it.

I have collected tens of these grills over the years and they're extremely
useful in the spring when I'm planting seeds. They can be removed when the
neighbours come round for a drink in the garden :-)

someone