Old 28-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Raffi Kojian

Default Paw Paw Pollination

Hi, I am considering trying to grow some Paw Paws, but am reading some
mixed information online about pollination. So I have the following
questions:

1) Has anyone successfully fruited with just one plant? If so, were
any "tricks" required?

2) Has anyone successfully fruited with two plants which are
genetically identical? If so, were any "tricks" required?

Basically, I am trying to figure out if I have to find alternate
varieties, or if I can just buy 2 plants from Gurney's without a
problem. Park Seeds for example claims that two plants (presumably
genetically identical) are all you need.

Oh, I guess one more question, having never tasted one. Is it worth
it? :-)

Thanks!!