Old 23-04-2007, 01:47 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] kdsexton@no-spamsc.rr.com is offline

Default Any such thing as male and female tree?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:30:05 GMT, "Jimmy S."
wrote:

I was told by my local nursery folk when I tried to purchase an asian pear
tree.
He said that I should plant at least two's that way they can
cross-pollinate
one another, and hopefully one is male and the other is female !

I was aware of cross-pollination business, but I really got lost when
he mentioned about male/female plant!! I would like you experts
in this forum to comment on the subject --- he seemed to know what
he was taking about. If he was right -which I doubt it, how do I correctly
pick the right sex?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

I have some of the same questions- and how do you know whether to get
2 of something, or to graft?

Karen