Old 23-04-2007, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Wild Garlic

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"John Nolan" wrote in message
.uk...
Hello All,

We have quite a lot of wild garlic near us.

Can any of you tell me what it is good for and what ways there are of
collecting and preparing it ?

Best wishes,

John N.

--
From Glorious Gloucestershire, near Lydney, using :------------

Ramsons (Wild Garlic). The bubs, leaves and flowers all taste of Garlic but
it is the leaves that are predominantly used as a garnish in
salads/sandwiches
The bulbs are a bit insipid once cooked. Definitely best when the leaves are
very young and tender (now).

Be aware that it is illegal to dig up wild flowers, so using the bulbs
could be very expensive if caught.