Old 23-04-2007, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What a contrast!

On 23/4/07 10:24, in article
, "Dave Hill"
wrote:

On 23 Apr, 09:52, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , 'Mike'
writes

So the fog is NOT widespread across the whole country. Anyone else got it?

Mike

It's misty here today and I'll give it four for trying to rain,
unfortunately barely wetting the soil.

Janet
Amersham, Bucks.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Here in South Wales its also misty, but has been raining steadily
since about 10pm only light rain but we have puddles formed on the
track.

Same here now but without the puddles - yet! I don't know how much good it
will do, other than to the weeds, as you say.
If you listen carefully you can hear the weeds growing.
I tried some rotavating yesterday, and it was like trying to break up
concrete.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Cracks were appearing in some of the lawn areas and at the bottom of the
field at the back. At least nobody is out watering this morning!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk