Old 23-04-2007, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default sometimes you just have to vent your spleen......

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:56:56 -0700, William Rose
wrote:

I'm not sure that lies were needed when the newly enslaved were
enchained, starving, and packed in like sardines in the holds of the
tall ships that delivered them to the Americas.
To keep it in perspective though, remember that white people were
messin' over white people long before they got the chance to mess over
black people.
Strangely enough, when white people first met black people, they saw
each other's humanity first. Prejudice had to be learned (A People's
History of the United States - by Howard Zinn). This wasn't true of the
Spaniards and the Arowacs though. A gentle, loving people were butchered
in the hopes of finding riches.
You don't need a "time machine" to see that we already live in an age of
Eloids and Morlochs.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

I now get these moments now and then which tells me the end of the
planet isn't far away. Maybe a thousand years and everything will be
dead from on thing or another.

The political clime at the moment in the United States, where I
reside, is hideous. I am a conscientious objector to the entire
current administrationl I hope the rest of the world realizes not all
American's are like the dummards in politics. I think when we retire,
it will be to Cancun, Mexico, Belize or Costa Rica.

What is the feeling about Americans these days in Europe?

Victoria