Old 23-04-2007, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb betsyb is offline

Default Hypertufu - making look smoother

"Mike C" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to make some contemporary looking planters. Since concrete
would be too heavy, I have turned to Hypertufa. My question is what
can I do to make the planters look more like smooth concrete than aged
stone? I would imagine using the smallest perlite or vermiculite
possible would help. Any other tips?

Go to a joint like HD or Lowes and look in the paint aisle. There is a spray
that looks like granite.
A friend did her fireplace stone and it turned out really nice looking.

Betsy