Old 23-04-2007, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default ID of purple stranger

On 23/4/07 14:42, in article
, "John
McMillan" wrote:
snip
I've got loads of Honesty this year, both the purple form
and the white form. And just a few of the variegated leafed
variety. I was very skeptical that this would be variegated from
seed - but it is. Mine came from Bolton Percy churchyard
- but I think Chiltern sells it.

The white is lovely but harder to find. If you have a white plant, it's
worth saving seed from it because we think the purple starts to cross with
it and take over - not sure of that, mind you but we do have loads of purple
and much less white. Every year I promise myself that I'll mark the white
ones and take the seed and every year, I forget.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk