Old 23-04-2007, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What a contrast!

On 23/4/07 17:17, in article , "Malcolm"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

snip

Then that's an easy trip for you to Pine Lodge. We're just over an hour on
from there, traffic depending, so you'll have to work out whether "il vaut
le detour"! I'm doing flowers for someone's funeral on part of Wednesday
and most of Thursday but Ray will be here anyway.

If we manage "le detour", it's more likely to be Saturday as we head
home again, but that's probably a busy day for you.

Unhappily, it's the day we are - most unusually at this time of year - out
to lunch, too. We're going to choose an alpaca throw for the latest grand
daughter, made from some friends' alpacas' hair (fur?) We'll be here until
about 11 and then back again after 4ish I'd guess. The other place that
might be worth a detour for you or even an extra night's stay and said
friends do B&B in an old manor house in a pretty Dartmoor hamlet ;-)) is The
Garden House at Buckland Monachorum. It's not far from Tavistock and easy to
get to after coming over the Tamar and entering Plymouth - follow signs to
Derriford Hospital and then keep going towards Yelverton. You'll start to
go across the moor and then will see signs to your left for BM and Crapstone
etc. before you get to Yelverton.

snip
We're back to no rain but a lot of low cloud.

Whereas we have rain *and* low cloud, though forecast to move away south
this evening. Just over-watered (!) the polytunnel for while we're away.
Everything else which was indoors sprouting on the windowsill is
outside. I'd no sooner put the last tray down and two collared doves
appeared out of nowhere! The trays are now covered with fleece. I like
birds, but not that much :-)

AKA The Spy in the Sky. ;-)

--
Sacha