Old 24-04-2007, 04:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
sienna sienna is offline

Default Hypertufu - making look smoother

On Apr 23, 1:22 pm, EvilGoddessFragileWarrior
wrote:
Mike C wrote in news:1177349381.584137.296550
@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

I am trying to make some contemporary looking planters. Since concrete
would be too heavy, I have turned toHypertufa. My question is what
can I do to make the planters look more like smooth concrete than aged
stone? I would imagine using the smallest perlite or vermiculite
possible would help. Any other tips?

********* You are on the right track. Cut out the peat moss or any
other thing that would rot out.
I make spheres with PC,sand,vermiculite and perlite. End result looks
like granite. Vermiculite give a somewhat sparkly look.
Good Luck,
scooterbug