Old 24-04-2007, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_3_] R[_3_] is offline

Default Wild Garlic

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"John Nolan" wrote in message
.uk...
Hello All,

We have quite a lot of wild garlic near us.

Can any of you tell me what it is good for and what ways there are of
collecting and preparing it ?

Best wishes,

John N.

Ramsons (Wild Garlic). The bubs, leaves and flowers all taste of Garlic
but it is the leaves that are predominantly used as a garnish in
salads/sandwiches
The bulbs are a bit insipid once cooked. Definitely best when the leaves
are very young and tender (now).

Hi Rupert!
That bag full you kindly sent last year through the post to me in Kent was
duly planted and wilted!

During the weekend SWMBO was weeding around the end of the garden and lo &
behold there it is full bloom and thriving next to the compost bin!

Excellent flavour, pretty flowers and resurrected itself very well.

Thanks for sending it...