Old 23-04-2007, 11:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Lasagna Gardening--yummy

"GarlandGrower" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of this book or this method?? I wonder what your thoughts
are? As I get older, contemplating the massive amount of work that

gardens
require made me a little sad that I might not be able to always do
everything I wanted to do, so I bought this book.

I have seenthe book is all over the internet and mentioned in home &
gardening magazines. The method is sound, I used a derivitive on my gardens.
The recipe does not have to be followed with religious observation, most
combinations of organic rubbish will do. I built one garden with a
combination of grass clippings, spoilt hay with a topping of compost and
poop and a layer of earth over the top. You can either store the material up
until you make the garden and plant straight in or slowly add it in to the
garden as it comes to hand, let it settle and then plant, like I did. Grew
some nice potatos on it the first time around.

rob